Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Warren County is the premier choice for fire, water, and mold restoration in Phillipsburg, Hackettstown, Blairstown, and the surrounding New Jersey Area. Throughout the year this area can experience many types of storm and unexpected events that could cause different types of damages. SERVPRO of Warren County prides itself at being the best restoration company in Phillipsburg, Hackettstown and Blairstown. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at anytime day or night. Check out our website for water damage tips that could be helpful if you have an issue. SERVPRO of Warren County is always here to help!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (908) 454-3900
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.