Understanding the Effects of Fire Damage
Understanding the effects of a fire can help homeowners evaluate the damage to their home. By learning more about residue clean-up and deodorization after a fire, you can minimize the need for costly repair. SERVPRO restoration experts can help you return your home and furnishings to a “preloss” condition.
Here are some things to do after you experience a fire. Of course do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO immediately for help.
1. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
2. Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
3. Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
4. If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
5. Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
6. Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
7. Change HVAC filter.
8. Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Give us a call today!