If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (908) 454-3900

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How to Clean Electronics After a Fire

1/17/2019 (Permalink)

Commercial How to Clean Electronics After a Fire Unplug all electrical devices and leave them off

There’s a lot to worry about during and after a fire in your office. Next to the safety and well-being of your staff, you have concerns about the extent of damage to your equipment and supplies. Whether an electrical fire or other type of fire damaged your electronics, there are ways to minimize the problems and even restore the items.

What Can Happen?

Even minor fires in your Oxford Township,NJ, office can threaten your sensitive equipment. You want to act quickly to evaluate the damage. Fire and smoke damage can harm electronics in the following ways:

  • Soot. Smoke will leave behind a layer of soot, which carries acidic properties. High concentrations of acid can ruin computers, printers, and other equipment.
  • Smoke causes magnetic charges. You don’t want a magnetic charge to come into contact with any electric item. This can destroy circuits on any device.
  • Overheating. Smoke can bring a nasty black film, which will settle on electronics. This can lead to overheating issues, reducing an electronic item’s life.

What Can You Do?

Your first step after an electrical fire is to unplug all electrical devices and leave them off. No matter what, don’t plug them back in or try to start them up again. This can cause further damage. Before you try to handle any of the clean-up yourself, call a trained professional. Expert fire and smoke cleanup companies can take care of damage effectively and in a timely manner.

Why Call the Pros

A professional has both the knowledge and equipment to properly handle computer cleanup. The team will use specialized methods to prevent further problems and will give you the best chance of using your computers, printers, televisions, and other devices once again.

No one wants to deal with an electrical fire. If you face this daunting task, make sure you let a competent specialist employ the right skills and training to help you out.

Other News

View Recent Posts